Hey! It’s been a while, hasn’t it?
I saw this recipe about a month ago, and since I’m on my third week of nightly walks and limiting snacks, thought, “What a great idea! Cupcakes for 2! Better than 12 on my fat ass!”
Here’s the link to the original recipe from Bakergirl. You’ll note that her recipe actually makes TWO cupcakes, using only the egg white. Since I’m a cheap Yankee beyotch, I doubled the amounts to utilize the whole egg because I can’t stand to throw out a perfectly good egg yolk. For some reason, her baking time was also way off from mine. Here is MY version, with revisions to make 5 cupcakes (a more realistic amount for two people, if I do say so myself!)
Vanilla Cupcakes for 2
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 TBSP butter, melted and cooled
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond or butter flavoring
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- scant ¼ tsp salt
- 3 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 5 liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg and sugar until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed.
- In separate small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, & salt, then add to egg/sugar mixture. Stir until smooth, then stir in milk.
- Divide between the lined cupcake wells.
- Bake for 15-19 minutes, or until tops are pale golden brown and tester comes out clean.
Cool completely, and frost as desired.