Friday, August 3, 2012

Begin again…

Well, I’ll jump right into it:

I had kind of lost my blogging mojo by the end of June, and then at the beginning July my boyfriend of 14 years passed away unexpectedly. Well, as unexpectedly as anyone with COPD for 3-4+ years can. And that kind of took the wind right out of my sails. A week after his memorial was my birthday, then a week after that was his birthday.  So it’s been a tough month.  I’m already starting to have more good days (those without crying my eyes out) than not-so-good ones, so I’m doing OK.

I don’t mean to relay all this for  sympathy, but as an an FYI for you. Whenever one of  the blogs I read just disappears without explanation, it bothers me. I assume it bothers you too. I wonder if they’re coming back, what’s happened in their life (if anything) and I keep checking back less and less frequently, until I relegate them to the “Low Activity” bookmark folder. I check that occasionally, and sometimes the blogger starts posting again.  So I can’t and won’t promise that I’ll post any more regularly for any time soon. I just don’t have the proper mind set right now. God knows a crabby depressed Xeyedmary isn’t a whole heck of a lot of fun to read.  Even on a good day.

My kitchen table is piled with various things that I have no ambition to deal with at the moment, and since it’s the best spot to take photos of my stitching, I haven’t been able to do that either. I have stitched a bit, filled in more snow and water on Beacon House, and worked a bit more on that Xmas sampler I can’t remember the name of- “Joy Sampler” by Lizzie Kate maybe?

I may clean the table off and be more diligent in taking progress photos, and just post those with little commentary. I think I can handle that.

Any whose: I just uploaded some photos I took  last month:

Here’s what I grilled for myself for my birthday dinner:

 2012 birthday burger

An angus burger with caramelized onions and American cheese on a bed of baby spinach with mayo & ketchup. Bob had promised me we’d go to our favorite diner in Mattapoisett for their SCL  burger for my birthday- which is pretty much what I recreated, but without the fries.

Emily gave me a couple of cupcakes- refugees from an event she baked for. And that’s an icy cold glass of Bud, for a toast to my honey.

2012 birthday dessert

Here’s my wittle bitty baby:

Happy birthday mummy

She’s been glued to my side- so sweet.

TTFN

6 comments:

Deborah said...

From one who knows, it will get better with time. Even after 8 years, I still have hard days. Lean on us, we will be there for you. Deborah

OnTheBit said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for sharing with us what is going on. I did notice that you hadn't posted, but I had assumed that you just got busy. Take all the time in the world to get back to your normal blogging schedule...but if you make any more meals like that amazing burger it would be nice if you shared so we could all drool through the computer. Healing takes time.

Kimmie said...

So sorry for your loss!! ((((HUGE HUGS))))

My dad passed away last weekend. My mom's mantra has been "We're OK. We're going to be fine."

We will be but it's going to suck along the way.

Terri said...

So sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers!

Jannie said...

I'm a new follower. But how can I not be so sorry for the loss and pain you are suffering right now. There are no words of comfort that anyone can really offer, but we sure hope you know folks are out here for you. Take care, God Bless.

Glenna said...

I'm so terribly sorry. Oh my gosh--and I so understand about not wanting to blog through it.