Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday Wrecipes

In celebration of momentarily being by my lonesome in my own house, I bake myself a treat:

Easy Best Brownies

  • 1-1/2 sticks butter, melted (try not to let it get too hot)
  • 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1-1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3 large eggs
  • ¾ cup all purpose flour
  • ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8”square pan with foil & grease bottom only.

brownies1 Heat butter in microwave just until melted so it's not too hot.brownies2 Watkins Double Strength Vanilla. I don't cut my vanilla amount in half- I go for the extreme vanilla experience.

Combine melted butter, sugar & vanilla in large mixing bowl. Add eggs and beat well with spoon.

brownies3

Combine remaining ingredients and gradually add to egg mixture. Beat GENTLY until well mixed, but DO NOT over beat.

brownies4 brownies5

GENTLY so you don't spray cocoa all over the counter & yourself like I did!

Spread batter into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until it appears set. Cool & serve.

brownies6

Have a party!

No comments: