Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday Wrecipe

My mind went into overdrive this past weekend and I took my Garlic Breadstick Recipe and turned it into something sweet for breakfast. I tweaked the Garlic stick recipe directions a bit because I think I left out some steps:

Cinnamon Stix

Breadstick dough ingredients

  • 3/4 cup water – lukewarm
  • 3 TBSP honey
  • 3 TBSP butter
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp yeast

The dough is very like a pizza dough.

Topping ingredients

  • 3 TBSP melted butter
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2-3/4 tsp cinnamon

Directions

1. Add ingredients in order to bread machine – use dough cycle. My sunbeam takes 90 minutes.

2. Remove and let rest under a clean towel for 10 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Roll out to an approximate 10” x 15” rectangle, about 1/2” thick. With a pizza cutter, cut dough into strips about 3/4” wide and 5” long.

3. Brush all strips with melted butter (use it all up!!), sprinkle evenly with the sugar and cinnamon.

4. Take each strip and gently twist and place on baking sheet lined with parchment and sprayed with vegetable spray. If there’s any butter left, brush the bare spots on the twists. Cover again with towel and let rest again for about 30 minutes, not so much to rise, but just to rest.

5. Cook in preheated oven at 350 on center rack until golden brown – around 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size.

These easily reheat in the microwave- 10 seconds on high.

cinnamon stix

1 comment:

Wanda said...

I've copied this...gotta have some!