Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday Wrecipes

My favorite cookie blog, Cookie Madness, did a Loft House cookie-clone test. I’m not sure she ever came up with a perfect copy, but she came close. In one of her comments, someone mentioned this recipe from the back of the Jiffy Baking mix box. It’s been years since I bought Jiffy or Bisquick, but I wanted to try this recipe!These were really close to the real Loft House, and so yummy tasting, I never even frosted them! Try to let them get a touch of color (don’t under bake!)  because they got softer in the cookie jar day by day.

Jiffy Sugar Cookies

  • 2 cups JIFFY Baking mix
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 5 TBSP shortening
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment, or lightly grease.
  2. Add baking mix & sugar in medium mixing bowl. Add shortening and using a pastry mixer-tool or two knives, cut shortening into dry ingredients until mixture is the size of small peas.
  3. Add remaining ingredients, and stir with wooden spoon until combined.
  4. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet; allow 2” between mounds.
  5. Bake 8-10 minutes and lightly golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on pan, then remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
  6. Frost if desired.
  7. Makes about 30 cookies.

IMG_0430

Bake until they’re a little more brown than this.

2 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

I must try these!

Cookie Madness said...

Okay, now I really have to try this one! I saw the Jiffy baking mix yesterday at my grocery store, so I know I can get that.