Em came up with today’s entry. I didn’t think to take pictures-sorry!
Pasta with Alfredo Sauce
Makes 4-servings (realistically- 3 adult portions or 2 with leftovers)
- 8 oz. dry pasta
- 4 oz. cream cheese (either brick or spreadable, but not whipped)
- ½ to 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 TBSP butter (what can I say- heart-attack on a plate)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, or a minced whole clove of fresh garlic
- ½ tsp dried basil
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
Boil salted water for pasta; when you toss pasta in, begin sauce.
In a medium sauce pan over low heat, stir all ingredients except nutmeg until combined and cheeses are melted.
Keep warm over low heat until pasta is ready. Drain pasta, reserving ¼ cup of cooking liquid.
Pour pasta into a serving bowl, and add alfredo sauce. Toss to combine well, adding pasta cooking water as necessary to thin sauce. Stir in the nutmeg and serve hot.