Friday, December 23, 2011

Almost there…

I finished this for my barn owner:

IMG_0777

Here’s the backing fabric:

IMG_0783

I think my obligatory cooking is done. I made this:cheesecake 2011

- a cheesecake for Tom. It came out perfect!

These:

almond poppy loaves

Almond Poppy Seed Breads from Our Best Bites

and this, from Joanne of Thursday Stitching group:

white choc popcorn2

White Chocolate Popcorn with Craisins. So easy! Pop 3 bags of salted-only microwave popcorn. Pour into a huge bowl. Melt one 12 –oz. bag of white chocolate chips- 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on high at 30 second intervals should do it, stirring each interval. Pour chocolate over popcorn and mix to coat evenly. Add one 5-oz bag of craisins and mix again. Spread out on baking sheets to set for an hour or so if you’re packing it up for gifts or start eating- your done! I melted about a 1/4 cup of semisweet chips (the same microwave method) and drizzled that over the spread out popcorn.

Tomorrow I have to brine my turkey, and make cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, and a batch of chocolate chip cookies because I’m out. Almost all those cookies I made last weekend are gone. I’ve gone thru 5 lbs of sugar, a dozen eggs, and 3 lbs of butter. So far.

Time to wash dishes and have supper and finish another stitchy gift.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm I'm coming to your house you have yummy baking to eat. Your ornaments look wonderful