Monday, August 3, 2009

Back from the bayou...

or, well, what seems like the bayou (still).

Bleecchhh!!!!

Did I ever mention that I hate humidity???!!! Supposedly it's going to break at the end of the week and I SO can't wait.

Here's all the stitching I've done in the past week:

sleigh ride 3

As you can see, I'm just about done; I'm trying to decide if I should go back to the BBDamn stockings or dig out the other Snapper project I found when I dug this one out. It's "Barnyard" or some such nonsense; it has a horse, anyway, so it kinda matches.

Em had major horse drama last week; it's been enough elapsed time that my heart doesn't pound when I think about it.

She took Axe swimming and somehow got dismounted. When she tried to get back on, she slipped off her wet back and Axe got away from her, and went all the way back to the barn- about 3 miles, along trails AND roads, having to take several turns. Em was able to phone ahead to my barn owner's husband, who drove up the street about a half mile, heard her clopping down the road, with a nice lady following along behind in a car for protection; she evaded Jim, and proceeded to the barn door all by herself. Em had to carry her saddle all the way back with her heart in her mouth praying nothing horrendous had happened.

Other than being sore for a day, and aggravating her puffy ankles & chipping hooves, she was none worse for the wear- thank goodness for guardian angels in cars.

2 comments:

Glenna said...

Axe: "I was tired of swimming and I wanted to go home and watch my stories and have a snack."

Phew! Scary, but cute to imagine in a way...

Anna van Schurman said...

Wow. What luck for good samaratans. Something similar happened to a guy in the dog park the other day. His dog got away from him, and someone followed the dog in the car until they found each other. People are almost always better to animals than they are to each other...