Monday, April 19, 2010

Old and New…

My mom’s been scanning her old slides into her PC, then onto DVD’s (or CD’s). My favorite uncle who lived in New Hampshire made these:

beercantrees

Those are his Walpole, NH-famous beer can trees! I don’t think they’re still there; this photo is from close to 40 years ago. Here’s another of my Dad carving up a striper my uncle (different one) had caught:

striperfromCY

I still remember my brothers & I touching that huge eyeball with our fingers! EEEWWW!!!!

Some stitching from my self-imposed blogging exile:

Quaker Halloween:

CS Quaker Halloween6

and the artsy-artsy angle:

CS Quaker Halloween6A

LHN Gingerbread Cottage:

Gingerbread5

aaaaaaaaaaaannnd the foofsy shot:

Gingerbread5A

Back under my rock……..

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

That reminds me, I should hook up my slide scanner and get to work! :) Like your Quaker Halloween. But I have to wonder what the Quakers think about Halloween! ;)

Wanda said...

Hats off to your Mom! I bought my parents some program or thing once to do exactly what your mom is doing. But the slides are still in the original dozens of boxes that they have been for years and years. What fun it must be to see all those old memories again! Really great. And your stitching looks great...love the "artsy artsy" photos...I always do that with mine! ha ha