Saturday, August 2, 2008

Downs and Ups...

I went to check on the Axe yesterday, and my rock-star farrier was there tacking her shoe back on- YAY!

Then, he told me some disturbing news about the woman who owns the barn I was hoping to move to before I ended up where I am now. Poor Alice, who's only my age (south of 50 but north of 45), had a stroke this week! He had very little info, so after he left, I gave the horse a quick ride to remind her that it's not all grass, hay and cribbing for free, and called my friend Dianne for more news.

Apparently she's home, and up & about, but weak on one side. I'm going over tomorrow morning to help with stalls with Dianne.

I'm aghast! Alice doesn't smoke, drinks very little, works with horses (I think about 10) every day, so she's in good physical condition. I guess we can't always have warnings for these things, but Jeez Louise- now I think I need a I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up  Button.

I stitched 6 more strands or I should clarify- PLIES of floss into my Quaker ornament, and I worked on Rites of Spring Thursday. The humidity here is like breathing thru a paper bag; I just don't have the ambition to do the camera to the computer thing; bear with me- I'll get to it ASAP.

No comments: