Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ahead of the Game!

I started my September ornament:

JDD bell ornament

Bell Ornament by Jeannette Douglas Designs from the JCS Ornament preview issue. I'm quite a ways done already- mayeb I'll get it done in time for September 30th!

Axe was good again- she wasn't as frisky tonight, so I thought "Well maybe it isn't the supplements, and now that she's getting used to the weather, she'll get lame again." Then I picked up the wrong lead at the canter & she flew the change (bad for her stifle joints) and as I transitioned back to the trot she did one of her trippy steps. Then she was fine. After she was put away, Jodie came out and said she was pretending to be the Black Stallion today in the paddock- flying around with her tail waving like a flag & snorting- which explains why she was more subdued when I rode. But she needed to expend that extra energy, so all is good.axh0005

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love the ornament,can't wait to see it finished! I haven't been able to get my hands on the mag yet, still looking.