Monday, August 29, 2011

…or Not so Much…

I survived intact. My willow trees (the bane of my existence!) each lost about a third of their branches. My lights were out most of the day; I had an hour and a half late afternoon where they came on & re-cooled the refrigerator/freezer, and then went out again. They were back on for Sunday night football.

I even tried to stitch, but it was so dim in my living room, I gave up. So I kind of snoozed on the couch all day, which was hard to do with all the cracking branches I was hearing, on top of not being a good nap-per.

Here are some pictures:

IMG_0622

IMG_0616

IMG_0618

IMG_0624

Amazingly, nothing hit the house or car. I’ve been snapping branches all morning, making piles of fronds, kindling, and chain-saw material. If nothing else, willow trees are easy to take care of by hand.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Glad you are ok and it is only branches you have to clean up.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Nancy said...

Glad you made it through the storm! Sorry about the willow trees.

Deborah said...

You are one lucky girl. You had power back Sunday night. Not me. See you Thursday.