Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Stitching….

I think I’ve figured out why I haven’t felt like stitching lately: I’ve been reading. I don’t know why, but if I’m on  reading jag, I don’t stitch. I want to stitch, but it’s so much easier to pull out a book.

Anyway, this morning doing barn chores, the other lady, Michelle, asked if I’d do a little sewing project for her. Her husband is a police officer, and the Velcro on his rip-off tie needed refreshing. It never occurred to me, but evidently, perpetrators may grab the officer’s tie in an effort to thwart arrest, and potentially cause harm by choking the officer. So the ties have a Velcro closure at the back of the neck so they’ll rip off easily.

So because I had to dig my machine out, I also grabbed some more fabric to make Ort Bag #2:

ort jar 5 ort jar 4

You’ll recognize the floral fabric from Emily’s Christmas apron. The pale blue was something I had in my stash. This one came out more like Deb’s- the weight and floppiness was just right. I just need to work on the curves at the tips. I should also invest in some “invisible” thread.

Chicken wants me back on the couch:chickie cuddles

2 comments:

Krista said...

Great Ort bag! Chicken is real cutie pie. Enjoy your weekend!

Deborah said...

Great job, Mary. It looks perfect. Very nice picture of Miss Chicken.