Saturday, September 8, 2007

Sorry for being M.I.A.


I just don’t seem to have any time anymore. I really want to be at a different barn at the end of the month and quit working at this barn. It took me 7 ¾ hours today, because Hayley, the bitch who took the entire months of July & August off and half of June, who also managed to have Memorial day, Fourth of July AND LABOR DAY OFF!!!!, filled up the stalls with too many shavings. She’s pissed at Emily because the Assface boy told her Emily was spreading a rumor that Hayley had spent the entire summer in a mental hospital. Well Emily doesn’t spread rumors. And I’m pissed at Hayley because she can’t tell the difference between AM & PM, and my horse didn’t get supplements yesterday because she fed the wrong bag at supper yesterday, most likely deliberately. The bitch. The alcoholic , crack smoking bitch.
Well… now that THAT is out of my system!
You know what’s fun about being by myself? I can buy a Haagen Daz flavor that Emily probably wouldn’t like, oh…. like Caramel Cone, and not only eat it right from the container, but I can spray the whipped cream right in the carton too! (she hates whipped cream!)
I bought some large plastic drawers to organize all my quilt stash, and my cross stitch stash. The Fabric Place store near where I work is closing in November. I bought 27 quarter yard cuts or fat quarters for under $45. I got a new pale pink for Avery’s baby quilt (still languishing in a plastic bag as 4” squares), plus a slew of purples. It’s too dark for photos right now. I also almost finished Thoughts of Baby- I added two extra hearts on either side of her name (which involved ripping the chart-required one out) because the length of her name allowed for too much open areas on either side.I will try to post some pix ASAP.

Anyway, for sustenance, here's a photo & the recipe for my gingerbread:
Mother’s Gingerbread

½ cup butter, room temperature
½ cup sugar
1 cup molasses
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup boiling water

Set the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan, or spray with vegetable spray.
Cream the butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy. Beat in the molasses, followed by the eggs.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger and beat these dry ingredients into the batter. When the batter is smooth, beat in the boiling water slowly.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and transfer to hot oven. Bake the gingerbread for 30 minutes or until it is firm to the touch, or a toothpick comes out clean when poked. Leave it to settle for a few minutes, then cut into large squares for serving.

No comments: