I came across this recipe somewhere last Friday, on Tastespotting. It was so fiendishly simple, from such unassuming ingredients, I knew it had the potential to be outrageously good!
Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots
- 24 tater tots, partially defrosted (about 30 minutes at room temp.)
- 12 strips of good-quality bacon, cut in half
- 24 small chunks of sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese (about 1/8”x1”x1/2”
- Tabasco sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil & spray with nonstick spray.
2. In assembly line fashion, gently cut a slit down the center of each tater tot, and insert a piece a cheese; set aside on plate, cheese side up.
3. Sprinkle Tabasco on top of cheese.
4. Lay a piece of bacon on a flat surface. Place tater tot on top, and roll bacon tightly around the stuffed tot, and secure with a toothpick.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn over, and continue baking until bacon is crispy, about 10-15 minutes more. Serve immediately.
On the way in:
On the way out:
Makes 24 appetizers.
go back to the original recipe for some variations!