Friday, November 19, 2010

Close but No Cigar….

I got the turkey, the broth, the vegetables. Do you think they’d have the stuffing??? Think again.

Tomorrow brings a trip to the “other” supermarket, to find Pepperidge Farm seasoned stuffing mix. Not a bag to be found at my usual store. And the one time the cashier neglected to ask “Did you find everything you were looking for?”

And then I was majorly ripped off at the Family Dollar store. The same package of Bounty paper towels was $3 LESS at the supermarket, and the dish detergent was $2.25 vs.. $1.89 at the supermarket. Well, I guess I wasn’t ripped off; I just assumed incorrectly the Family Dollar would be cheaper. So much for smart shopping. Totally cancelled this score out.

At least I had leftover cabernet from the short rib lasagna to ease my pain.

No comments: