Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Belated Update:

I know, I know- where's the post?

We had a great time at S&B pot luck dinner at Jean's. Boy - she and Joanne really out-did themselves! They had prepared a huge grilled chicken Ceasar salad, with do-it-yourself toppings, plus Bertucci dinner rolls, and Jean generously opened her wine cellar for our grateful consumption. She & her husband Tom make regualr adventures to several Rhode Island vineyards so the wines were "local". I had a delicious red; I need to find out what it was.

There was also a cheese platter from Deb- a cheddar, a dilled something, and an apricot Stilton- very yummy. Linda provided pretzels and a lovely dipping honey mustard made on the Cape.

Jane made Gazpacho- I had never had it before, but it was SO good! She said it was Ina Gartens' recipe, which I have printed out for my own use! Carol made red velvet cake- another first for me- DELISH! Nancy brought chocolates- a local store, but I can't remember from where- a box of raspberry jellies and a box of nutted. My Mom provided a mix of deli olives and a jar of pickle spears. My lemon bars were good- they DID remove easily from the pan- could have been a bit more lemon-y though. The S'Mores bars were quite good. They definitely shouldn't be eaten in a refrigerated state- must be at room temp.

No stitching was accomplished, too much eating & gabbing!

Mom leaves tomorrow; my aunt has picked her up and will hopefully get her to The Fabric Place around the corner from work so I can meet up with them today. I got a 25% off coupon that's burning a hole in my pocket- and you should have seen Mom's eyes light up!

I still have to undo ( I hate the term "frog"!) the stitching above the door & the top of the door itself. I want to accomplish that before Thursday.

Bob & I (mostly Bob) took down my shit-eous fence this weekend. My yard looks lots bigger, but I feel naked & exposed. I'm already getting trash in the yard; it won't be too long before the neighborhood dog walkers are letting their gargantuan beasts dump ginormous piles o' shit on my virgin grass. Sigh! Hopefully, we'll be selling soon!

Here's a portion of that crappy fence (this was a GOOD section) behind my daughter when she was nice. This is her Senior prom dress- I thought she looked beautiful > wishful sigh <

No comments: