Saturday, July 14, 2007

Relaxing Saturday

I finally had a little time to do some stuff instead of work:

I made the world's Ugliest Lemon Meringue Pie:
The recipe is from Mark Bittman's "How To Cook Everything". I'll let you know how it tastes tomorrow! Doesn't it look like a huge hamburger bun??!!
Here are some shots of the blackberries growing at the edges of my yard (wild):

Unfortunately, I don't care for blackberries. I tried one, but it didn't have a very strong flavor at all. I don't know if it's the particular variety, or lack of cultivation , or what, but it was pretty tasteless. The photo with the mail box is just a pix of my front yard looking towards Main Street, without the fence. You can tell where the fence was though. I burned two CD's of my Ireland photos, one for Mom. There was a TV show on that I taped to DVD caled "The Edge of Europe". It was about the Christian monestaries in the part of Ireland that we visited- Borus Head, Ballinskelligs, Valencia Island. Extremely interesting, and pertinent to our travels. My Mom & I want to go back again.

For supper tonight I made pizza on the grill. I totally didn't even think to take pictures! It came out SO good!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

It's always so cool to see a TV show about someplace far away that you have visited.

I'm sure your pie will be delicious. Pizza on the grill sounds wonderful...and so much better than firing up the oven on a hot summer day! Do you have to do anything special to it to make it that way?