Sunday, March 23, 2008

Undo..

Well, I did some more on Snowflakes on Friday- i turned the corner of the bottom border and made it to the right side scroll rod. I had threaded the floss for the berries that go in the brown stripe gap, just to the right of the corner, and realized I was one stitch off. One stitch off. At the start of the whole bottom border. I had already stitched the pine branches, too. They all had to come out. It wasn't a forgivable miscount- the berries wouldn't have fit in the gap- the berries being 3 stitches wide & the gap only 5 stitches wide. Maybe someone with less OCD could have suffered thru it. It took about 20 minutes to take it all out, and then I stopped my self torture for the day. Maybe I'll stitch some tonight and get a picture up.
We had yummy Carando spiral ham for dinner- DO NOT follow the enclosed cooking instructions if you like moist, soft ham. If you do, you'll need to serve toothpicks with it.
For just Bob & myself, I cut off just what I thought we'd eat, poured about 1/4 cup pineapple juice in a 9"x9" baking dish, put the ham slices in the juice and tried to baste some juice on every slice, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Perfect! The last time I followed their directions, the ham was SO dry it was barely edible. ANd I had about 7-1/2 pounds of dried-out leftover ham.

No comments: