Friday, July 3, 2009

So Close!

Quaker Christmas Spot Sampler:

QCS 4

Almost done!

Garden Grew:

GG21

Not so much.

I rode the Axester today for the first time since May (!)

She was good for me, thankfully. It was nice to be able to give her a bath when we were done.

Then I mowed the lawn and almost had a baby bunny massacre. As I was mowing, all of a sudden I saw brown blobs scampering away from almost under the mower and realized it was 2 baby bunnies. I shooed them further away, and 2 or 3 more poured out of a hole in the ground, right where I had just mowed. Then I had to keep a lookout for them as they had bounced off into the grass that was yet to be done. I caught up to 2 of them next to the bushes in front of the house, and shooed them further in. Hopefully their parents taught them where the emergency hatch is!

Happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Glad you got to ride. Nice progress on your stitching. I always love to see how your garden is growing. I once DID run over a bird with a lawn mower. it was years and years before I would mow again....and not ever with a push mower. It's just too close!