Bake a batch of 14 of your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe in paper lined cups. Let cool completely.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 cups Marshmallow Fluff (the jar size is perfect)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat all ingredients together in a bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. This has a tendency to creep up the beaters at first, so have a knife handy to scrape things back into the bowl.
- Fill pastry bag fitted with plain ¼” round tip and set aside. That top one- the #12?
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. or 1 cup semi –sweet chocolate chips
- In a small sauce pan bring cream to a boil over medium high heat- watch carefully! Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Let cool, stirring occasionally, until thickened, but still pourable. You can speed up the cooling process by refrigerating the ganache while preparing the filling.
- With the tip of a sharply pointed knife, pierce the top of each cupcake in a cross, going about half way down, wiggling the knife a bit side to side. (This is a different batch of filled cupcakes)
- Gently insert the tip of the pastry bag and squeeze in filling until you start to see the cupcake bulge and you see cream rise to top of hole. Repeat with remainder of cupcakes. You should have about a third of a cup left in the bag. Change tip to a skinny writing tip. (filled cakes)
- Then take each filled cupcake individually by its papered bottom, and dip top up to edge of paper in the ganache. Remove the cake with a slow twisting motion to completely cover the top of the cake. Alternatively, if you’re not brave, you can spread the ganache over each cake with an icing knife or spoon. With pastry bag, draw squiggles across tops of each cake.
Refrigerate to set, but let come to room temperature to serve.
Now you know all my deepest secrets!