Sunday, April 27, 2008

Back In the Saddle Again....

I got to not work Saturday- such a novel concept! I slept until 8:00 am, went to the bank, the dump, got hay, got coffee and- drum roll please... I even stitched! for about an hour, then Ernie called to say he was coming up to put a new shoe on the horse-YAY! Then I got Bob, we had supper & watched TV, then brought Bob home, then rode and she felt great considering she was stall-bound for 3 days. I rode again tonight and she still felt good- nice slow sweet canter, not racy at all. Rain the next few days are going to screw things up at the barn- everyone will want to be inside riding- GGGRRR!

Here's Snowflakes:                                                                                             

LHN snowflakes 8 I finished the house except for the chimney, and ended all those straggly flosses, I had just gone under with that last brown one & Ernie called so I had to put it all away.

 

 

 

 

I love this tree:

Main st cherry1 Main st cherry 2

 

 

 

 

 

 

Main st cherry3

The house is slated to be torn down and this tree has to go as well, as do these ones:

Main st pair

I've wanted to get photos for years, and finally had a camera, and the "economic turndown" has stalled the project, so I can enjoy the trees this spring. Cloudy morning today, though, but I wanted to get a picture before the rains came and washed away all the petals.

My crab apple is going to blossom this year- last year it was too stressed by caterpillar damage and drought.CA blossums

Hopefully, they'll wait to pop after the rain!

1 comment:

Lelia said...

Lovely stitching! Your photographs of the blooming trees are awesome. We have had crummy weather here & not much is in bloom. Our Magnolia did ok, not much else.