Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shameless Tv promotion-izing

I was a huge fan of the 1st season of American Idol- love Kelly Clarkson, but in subsequent seasons lost interest- the talent pool, the "surprise" eliminations of popular contestants, the rumors of "fixing". I always seem to get back into it towards the end of each season, maybe because the quality of the performances ratchets up. I came back from the barn last night in time to hear this performance by David Cook and was totally blown away- so much so that I just searched on Youtube and re-watched and then re-watched again.
I'm not a Mariah Carey fan at all, but I appreciate her vocal skills and consider her one of this generation's best singers , along with Whitney Houston, and even Christina Aguilera, which kind of tells you what my ears consider good singing skills, however unqualified my opinion is. While David Cook certainly isn't in the same catagory of vocal skillage by any means, his performance has to be THE best of the entire season, much like Kelly Clarkson had with her late season "Stuff Like That There" and Fantasia's "Summertime". Check it out (I hope this works!): "Always Be my Baby"

No comments: