Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Anyone see my mojo out there?

I haven’t cooked anything since I burnt the roof of my mouth Sunday with a freezer pizza. I’m not kidding- it still seriously hurts! I had a teaspoon of peanut butter a little while ago and even that irritated it!

This re-zoning crap has me alternating between “Mad-as-hell-and-I’m-not-taking-it-anymore” to resigned depression of the living hell my house will become if what is proposed is allowed to be built across the street. I won’t identify what & where for anonymity's (mine) sake. Regardless, it’s been lots of late night meetings, the scheduling of which is escalating as the Town meeting date approaches. I haven’t even been stitching much- I’ve been cutting back on coffee and I just tend to FreeCell-out at lunch. For being ahead of the game with my September ornament back in August, I’m now going to be behind- I haven’t touched it since I posted a photo over a month ago. I’m also hopelessly behind in my new TV season watching. At least I have On-Demand.

Izzie has resumed his inappropriate peeing again. In addition, he’s been falling off the arm of the couch when he’s been sleeping. I think it’s time…aslan

Chickie has been doing a lot better. She didn’t like the oil on her food, so I found some tablets that has all the essential vitamins & minerals for a healthy coat, and she loves those. I also give her half a chlortrimeton twice a day. I can tell it works because when she gets to the 12-hour mark, she gets a little itchier.

Sue from Liv ‘n Laf sent me  a heads-ups on this from Ink Circles. Now I have to figure out where to get it. And when to stitch it.

Bob’s been in & out of the hospital several times recently with his breathing issues. Can’t give further info because I don’t have it. I’m convinced he has something worse than COPD and he’s not telling me. He doesn’t seem to get better, and he’s on every inhaler there is. The latest hospitalization resulted in the diagnosis that he “can’t be on Advair anymore- he’s been on it too long.” I try not to dwell.

In addition to my burnt mouth, we’re back to the soupy weather. So here are some things from Tastespotting that look good- cooking vicariously, if you will:

Pina Colada cake

Mexican Chicken Casserole

Cranberry Orange Scones

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

Chocolate Covered Cornflakes

7-Second Cheesy Broccoli Potato Chowder

Parmesan, Herb and Garlic Popovers

mmmmmpopoversssssssssssss………….

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Glad that Chickie is better. Sorry about Izzie. Things will quite down and the mojo will be back.