Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday Wrecipe Wrepeat…

I’ve been too busy to cook, and very tired this week for some reason. I’m trying to cut back on my coffee consumption- a typical day is 32 oz. plus half a cup. (Thermos plus to-go mug). Sunday I didn’t have any coffee at all, which resulted in a fork-in-the eye-type headache, but I ended up sleeping pretty well. So I’m experimenting in cutting back. Anywhose, here’s what I put together for stitching tomorrow night at Jeanne’s. I’ve made them before, but they’re yummy and light and no cooking involved! Yay!

Fruit Kebabs

  • one quarter seedless watermelon
  • one honey dew melon
  • one pineapple

NOTE: this is the combination of fruit I prefer, and results in more than enough kebabs for 8 hungry ladies for a snack, with leftovers. By all means, if you like different fruits- strawberries or blueberries, cantaloupe, or kiwi, use that. It just has to be firm enough to pass a stick thru

Dipping sauce:

  • 2- 8 oz. containers vanilla yogurt (full, low or no-fat- your preference)
  • 1 lime, zested and juiced
  • 1 TBSP honey

Cube fruits into 3/4” to 1” pieces. Thread one of each piece onto 4” bamboo skewers. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Meanwhile, in a small container, mix yogurt, lime zest and juice, and honey. Whisk with a fork until combined. Cover and refrigerate until serving. This tastes better the next day, when the flavors have married together.

Arrange skewers on a platter and serve with dipping sauce.

fruit kebabs

I filled 3 Ziploc shoebox containers, plus had leftover melon.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

We do love our fruit kabobs.