Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wicked Wednesday Wrecipe….

I know everyone may not own a bread machine, but maybe you’re clever enough to alter this recipe for “by hand”. This is a very tasty bread, ever-so-slightly sweet, and hearty from the oats.

Honey Oatmeal Bread (for the bread machine)

Makes one 1-1/2 pound loaf

  • 1-1/4 cups water
  • 3 TBSP honey
  • 1-1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 TBSP softened butter (I cut it into little cubes when chilled, then micro for 13 seconds on high)
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • ½ cup old fashioned or quick-cooking oats
  • 2 TBSP dry milk
  • 2 tsp bread machine or quick active yeast

 

Measuring carefully, place all ingredients into bread machine pan in the order as given. Select “sweet” mode and “light” crust. This sets my Betty Crocker machine to cycle in about 2 hours 50 minutes +/-.

When done, remove immediately from pan and cool on a wire rack.

IMG_0314

IMG_0317

I read somewhere recently that salt will inhibit the action of the yeast, so I started adding the salt directly to the water; my bread definitely rises higher! I dare you to NOT eat a slice right out of the machine!

No comments: