This makes a great weekend breakfast treat (hint for those who have house guests this weekend!)
Cinnamon Swirled Bread (for the bread machine)
Makes one 4” x 9” loaf
- 1 egg plus enough water to equal 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 TBSP plus 1 tsp sugar
- 6 TBSP butter, softened
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp yeast (bread machine or quick active dry)
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup Demerara sugar (you can substitute brown sugar) mixed with
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients for bread in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select “Dough” cycle. When machine cycle ends, turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and cover with a clean towel and rest for 10 minutes.
- Then gently roll dough to approximately 9” x 15”. Spread with ¼ cup of softened butter leaving a ½” margin clean around the perimeter.
- Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon sugar. Roll dough tightly into a log 9” wide, pinching along ending seam to close.
- Place log into greased 4” x 9” loaf pan, gently tucking in ends as necessary, seam-side down.
- Cover with clean towel, and let rise about 1 hour in warm, draft-free space, until dough reaches top of pan or is roughly doubled in size.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Top should be golden brown, and bottom should sound hollow when tapped, or get an instant read thermometer which should read 190 to 200 degrees to be done.