Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Really Big Fish story…

From Yahoo News- A Real, Live Moby Dick!
The pony came down with a very swollen ankle this week. Alice & I think it’s mostly due to lack of turn-out this week, because of all the rain we’ve had. At the old barn, Axe would have been able to walk between her stall, which was about 12’ x 12’, and the pen outside, which was about 24’ x 15’. Axe’s stall now is maybe 10’x9’, and no 24/7 pen. All the walking was good for keeping her aging joints mobile, and keeping excess fluids from building up in her lower legs. Emily thought she was a bit gimpy, but we’ve been liniment-ing, and hand-walking, and she looks much better as of today. She may have twisted her ankle early in the week, and the extra inside time caused the fluid to build up. I also turned her out in the big field this afternoon so she could walk around more. And I pulled out some stitching! I’m more than 3/4 done on the Lizzie Kate Joy Sampler- I’ll take a photo tomorrow and post. If I was a real woman, I could finish it watching football tomorrow. Here’s my last update photo.
I bought all my Thanksgiving fixings yesterday and today, and my .49 cents/pound Marval frozen turkey is de-frosting in my refrigerator. I think I’m going back to the store tomorrow to get another turkey for Christmas.

1 comment:

OnTheBit said...

Poor Axe. I know that as Gen gets older he gets way more puffy after spending the day in. Fingers crossed it is nothing too bad.