Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkey Hangover….

or 3 glasses of wine is 1-1/2 too many!

“My Fair Lady” is on right now on TCM. I didn’t realize that all these familiar songs came from this movie. The last time I watched any of this, I had to have been a teenager or younger. I love the set of the Professor’s home- so richly detailed. According to IMDb, Audrey Hepburn’s singing was dubbed by Marni Nixon, except for “Just You Wait (Henry Higgins)”.

my-fair-lady-hepburn-embassy-ball-gown

I was busy today- some work to finish – but I think tomorrow I’ll start on the Christmas decorations. I’m not a big shopper, so I’d just as soon stay away from the malls. Bob’s son stopped by on his way home from work this afternoon. I loaded him down with leftovers. He’s such a good guy- it was good to see him.

3 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

That's a classic movie. I can watch it over and over again!

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm glad Bob's son dropped by too. :)

Kimmie said...

I think I watched it in drama class in high school. My mother is known for breaking out into random soundtrack music from that era so I've heard a lot of the songs before. LOL