Friday, November 16, 2012

Some Interesting Research….

I get an email once a month or so from The Scarlet Quince, ever since I started buying charts from them several years ago. I usually keep them saved in my in-box because often they have some good stitching tips and/or information that make them worth saving. Today’s post was a review/comparison of four different needles, by manufacturer- it was very thorough and well done. I highly recommend you read!

Towards  the bottom of this page is a link to sign up for the newsletter.

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I wear off the gold plating because my skin is as acid as my tongue. LOL. Almost all of the John James needles I have "retired" seem to have broken at the eye. Now is that a manufacturing problem, or do I just use them until they "die"? Is that a natural death? Who knows? I'll have to see if I can find the Bohins.

xeyedmary said...

I want to try the Bohins too- especially since they can be bought in bulk. I don't think I've gotten gold plated before, and I seem to think my JJ's wear out around the eye. Have you used Piecemakers? I think I like them better. I say "think" because it's either JJ or Piecemakers that I use most often. Once they're out of the package, I can't tell.