Friday, June 6, 2008

If horses could smile:

Ms.Axeu would be grinning ear to ear. She was so funny last night: her stall has a back door that opens up to a small paddock outside her stall. Jodi let her use it for the first time yesterday because she took her horse, who has the same set up in the adjacent stall, to a show. (She wants to be around to monitor things when Axe & Diesel are turned out side by side for the first few times.)

She was outside when I stopped in before stitching, but came in when she heard me. Then, when I didn't give her any food, she went out again. Then she came back in & went out again, just to show me that she could! I swear, she was like a 3 year old with a new toy- "Look what I can do!"

Lynn, one of the other boarders, said she had been doing that all after noon- watching her ride outside, then going in when she went in.

When Axe first came off the track, Dianne let her have a run-in, where she could go in & out of her stall at will. This helped chill her out, and calmed her down from life at the track.

Here at Jodi's, this is the first time in 5 or 6 years that she's been able to have a run-in. If horses could smile with happiness, Axe was doing just that last night.

20070327101829

Axe at HBF: "I wanna break out of this hell-hole!"

No comments: