Saturday, December 29, 2007

Bah Humbug!

I had to take my tree down today because Delilah had decided it was a good place to "nest". Rather than having a bunch of branches ruined by irreversible bending, and having a bunch of ornaments broken, I chose to take it down.

It really frosts my ass! This is the first time in about 20 years I've had to put the tree away before New Year's. I LOVE having the Xmas tree up! I love the ornaments and the twinkle of the lights; I love just walking by & moving an ornament to just the right spot, I love buying something new & special for the tree every year; I count the days until I can put it up (even if I can't find the time when that day comes). I especially love all the happy memories it evokes, from my childhood on up to Emily's. I always get a little sad when I finally have to take it down. It's as if I'm putting all those sweet memories away again for another year.
Damn that Delilah!
I left my Hallmark Santa & reindeers up on my hutch, and my snow house up. The lights are still up & on outside.

I started on of those JBW Design ornaments at work yesterday. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.
And all you Patriots fans- let's get our team jerseys on & do that voodoo on those Giants!

No comments: