Wednesday, December 19, 2007

OY!

Well I was up until 11:30 making my 4 pans of baklava, with one more pan tonight. I gussied up those IKEA pencil boxes a tad for gifts for the S & B girls. I'll take a picture when I get home of a couple so you may see.
I got to work today and there wasn't any heat- it was 49 degrees! Luckily we have a couple of little space heaters, and with one pointing at my knees under my desk, and with my coat and gloves on all day, I was able to do some work until the repair guy showed up at noon. Also luckily, I didn't have to go out as the boss's daughter blocked my car in until after lunch.
And to round things out completely, I AM having severe hormonal distress. I just about burst into tears just having to talk to Bob last night at 8:15 after coming home from the barn and not having had supper, and starting a fire and walking the dog and facing an ass-load of baking to finish. I really need to investigate the speaker phone on my cell- that way I can putter while talking- my phone just isn't the right shape to tuck under my chin to have both hands free.
I had forgotten my bologna sandwich in the morning, so I ate that on my feet while I baked.
Chicken is NOT liking the bathroom conditions outside- iced over snow-covered grass. It's been a real effort finding a place for her to go. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Some of the Muslim women in Philadelphia tuck their cell phones into their head scarves while they are talking--hands free! Maybe you could try tying it to your head with a silk scarf? It may not be pretty but if you're in the privacy of your own home, it could work!

xeyedmary said...

ooo- I'm SO not a scarf person. I think the speakerphone would do the job. I just have to find the booklet to see which unmarked side buttons control it. Thanks for the idea though!