Monday, July 7, 2008

07-07-08

or The Aftermath:

3 day weekend. Too humid & warm for my tastes, meh. At least it was 3 days out of the office. I got to stitch Sunday afternoon:

quaker xmas103

I was on a roll stitching, as you can see, & started getting phone calls. First Bob, then a telemarketer asking for my freekin' ex-husband's 2nd ex-wife- like how the f &%^#*k did my phone number get associated with that C-You-Next-Tuesday's name? I had my own phone account at least 2 years before she came along and married the AF. Sorry- whenever I hear that beeyotch's name it it's like a spork being driven into my brain thru my nostril. (Speaking of which: I've had a blog visitor who came here via a search for "restitching nostrils". I wonder if they found what they were looking for? Go figure!)

3rd and final phone call that ended all my misery came from friends Dianne & Jen, who invited me & Bob & Emily to an impromptu cook-out. Since I was the only one available, I said sure. It was very nice: Alice & Dave and Mary & Kevin were there- so we had a lot of horse talk & reminiscing. I was home by 8:15.

Ms.Axeu has been good- doesn't seem to be lame and her cuts are all healing nicely. Some scabs have even dropped off. I, on the other hand, have been tired lately, and feel spent after about 5 laps around the ring. My rides have only been about 45 - 50 minutes including warm-up & cool-down walking so I don't know what's wrong with me. I need to get a physical I think; this ever-present fatigue is a PITA.

Well, if I stop writing, I can wash dishes & stitch some more. How about it?

No comments: