Sunday, February 24, 2008

That's gonna hurt!

I went to the barn Saturday morning to make grain and while doing so, decided to NOT go up to Canton to make some prints of a small side-job: I wanted to save 50 mile's worth of gas, and I didn't know if my boss would have had his driveway plowed out yet (making the proposition of the drive with no where to park upon arrival iffy.) My pooper-scooper replacement Michelle wasn't feeling well, so I offered to help her by sweeping the aisle and emptying and filling water buckets (16 horse's worth x 2 buckets each). On one of my trips to dump a bucket outside, i ran into Bob the manager and he asked "what's up?" so I explained about Michelle not feeling well and me just helping her out. So anyway, TMALSS, I got a call around 4:00 pm yesterday from Bob "Do I want to make some money? Can you do stalls Sunday? I'll help". So I set my alarm for 6:00 am, woke up at 5, tossed for an hour, and was up there by 7:00 am. We were done by 11:00, but we didn't turn out- which would have added at least another 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
I stopped to take 3 Aleeves at 9:30 and drink my 2-hour-old coffee. Now I have to go back up & ride. I'm going to be so tired.

No comments: