Monday, November 19, 2007

Just Swell!!!!

So I went up to the barn tonight to check on Axe & take her for a walk, and the nit wit tells me that there's a "flu going around the barn". Her horse came down with it, and a second horse had it a day before hers. It most likely came from the barn owner's girlfriend's new horse- the one she traded her 2 ponies & a horse (and some of boyfriend's money) for from the horse trader. Apparently, it came to the barn (just after I stopped working there) with conjunctivitus. I KNEW it should have been quarantined from the rest of the horses- BUT NO! - girlfriend knows everything about horses, and since her boyfriend owns the barn, it's the rest of us who have to make allowances for her.

Axe just had her booster last Thursday, but probably had been exposed at some point during the last 2 weeks that the new horse has been there. The first case of it- that horse had its booster on October 30th, just prior to the arrival, but he's stalled next to the new horse.
All I need is a $400 vet bill.

My two pretty girsl.

No comments: