Thursday, November 27, 2008

Give Thanks...

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. I hope you all enjoyed good food, good company, good weather and good traveling.

Bob came hours earlier than I expected, so I never even got the house cleaned. He did help with preparing the stock  for the gravy, though; and when I came back from a coffee run, Chickie greeted me at my door like this:

chickx4 

chickx5

Isn't that cute? It's like a Christmas turtleneck!

Later, after the tryptophan kicked in:

chickx6

You thought I was kidding when I said she crawls up my nostrils??!!!

My reward for doing all the dishes:

DSCN6185

Flat Apple Pie with vanilla ice cream!

Remind me to post my recipe for Slow Cooker Stuffing- when I went looking for how I did it last year, I realized I never followed thru on posting as promised last year. I was very pleased with how it turned out. Emily called & said the peanut butter filled cupcakes were good, but the filling kind of overpowered the cake - the cake was good, and the filling was good, but they kind of didn't work together. I'm thinking I'll have to hunt for a different type of chocolate cake recipe.

Off to snooze on the couch.

Thank you to all my new in-person and virtual friends!

1 comment:

Linda in MA said...

Love Chickie's new sweater and the glimpse of Bob!

Linda