Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Night highlights…

I don’t know if it was my strict Catholic upbringing or what, but pizza on Friday nights always makes me happy.

Growing up, Lent, non-Lent, it didn’t matter: it was always either cheese pizza, macaroni & cheese, or fish sticks on Friday nights. NEVER any meat. In fact, if we so dared to make as much as a bologna sandwich, we would get the parental hairy eyeball and a derisive “You’re going to have THAT????” The tone in which it was said was enough to make us put the sandwich in the refrigerator in shame, to be eaten, slightly stale, on Saturday for lunch, and to slink to the kitchen table with our proverbial tails between our legs.

Behold happiness:

peponion pizza

sautéed pepper & onion

roni pzza

pepperoni.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

We stopped at Rein's Deli in Connecticut on Friday night and inadvertently had a meatless meal--I had egg salad and the dude had kippered salmon (no comment) and a potato knish. He said we were being Catholic, but I explained to him about Vatican II. "I don't cotton to sequels," he replies.