Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I’m late, I’m late…

there was an accident in front of the supermarket- it took 20 minutes to do a 3 minute drive. I shouldn’t complain- evidently, 2 pedestrians walking together were hit. Their holiday just turned to crap in a basket.

The 2 guacamoles are back and they graciously house cleaned for me when I got home. However, their presence dictated the necessity of preparing dinner. Does everyone agree that the MOST annoying thing about Thanksgiving is having to cook meals on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings leading up to what must be the biggest cooking day of the year? I don’t know about youze guys, but I’m tapped. I’d just as soon throw a bag of pretzels at them & call it a day. But the green beans are par-boiled and the squash is cooked. I had hoped to also make either the dinner rolls or the apple pie, but I’m done for the night. Peeling that squash irritated my fingertips. Tomorrow, there’s always tomorrow…

im late

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

This is why we had Taco Mayo for dinner tonight! And I'm not cooking tomorrow EITHER! It's sandwiches baby!

OnTheBit said...

I think Em and her man are spoiled if you are cooking them dinner! Part of the problem too is that you are a good cook. If your food did not taste good they would offer to cook for you!