Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday Wrecipes

I came across this recipe from another food blog I occasionally visit- The Wednesday Chef, coincidentally. I never do anything with frozen corn except “Cook as Directed” and top with butter & salt at the table.

I hardly ever use fresh mint so I’m not used to its flavor; maybe I’ll try a different herb like thyme or tarragon or sage next time. The unsalted butter seems to be key- I used regular & tried to adjust the additional salt , but I think I added a wee bit too much.

This was tasty- different but quite tasty, and very pretty in a bowl. I’d even consider it for Thanksgiving next week except for the traditionalists I typically serve.

Caramelized Corn with Fresh Mint
Serves 2

  • one- 10-ounce package frozen premium corn
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
  • Salt

Defrost the corn in a colander, tossing occasionally, for about 30 minutes.

In a wide skillet, melt the butter over high heat. Add the corn and cook, stirring often, until golden and browned (kernels may begin to pop), about 10 minutes. Stir in the mint and sprinkle with salt. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve while hot.

corn

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm your opposite. I don't think I ever serve frozen corn just buttered. (It's usually in something though, a soup or casserole or stew.)