Sunday, November 1, 2009

I’m Back….

home in my own house. I’ve decided 10 days of barn sitting is just too much- 5 days is officially my limit. Chicken can’t believe I’m home to stay- she’s seen me in 45 or 90 minute increments and the past two nights she’s been home alone.

The only benefit of barn sitting has been all the stitching I’ve been able to do. I worked on PS Christmas Eve again a bit yesterday and today. I hope I’ll be able to find some time to work more on Garden- it’s such a fun piece to work on! And I’m sooooo close to the halfway point!

Jodi (my barn owner) had an awesome run at the World Appaloosa show in Texas: she got second place in the Two-Year-Old Western Pleasure Incentive class, FIRST in Open Two-Year-Old Snaffle Bit Western Pleasure Futurity and sixth in the Non-Pro/Youth Five & Under Western Pleasure Maturity. Here’s the Winner’s photo:

jodi

That’s Jodi in pink next to her horse- her trainer rode in the class. She won the use of the red 3-horse trailer for a year (i guess it’s kind of like the Stanley cup- you only “borrow” the trophy!) and that saddle is hers, plus some other things.

Here’s a photo from another show- this is her champion horse Mojito:

jodi 2

Well, I guess this qualifies as my first NaBloPoMo entry- I guess I should register! I hope I can keep up all month!

1 comment:

Wanda said...

There's no place like home....every time I come home, that jingle goes through my head a thousand times!